Pages

Wednesday

'I never told Alexis Sanchez to leave Arsenal for Manchester United' - Football legend, Thierry Henry tells furious Gunners fans

So after Alexis Sanchez completed his move to
Manchester United from Arsenal, the Chilean footballer mentioned Gunners legend Thierry Henry in his goodbye message, suggesting the club's all-time top goalscorer had told him to leave.
He wrote: 'I remember today, a conversation I had with Henry, a historic Arsenal player, who changed club for the same reason and today is my turn.' 
This sparked a fury among Arsenal fans on Twitter as they suspected Henry played a role in Sanchez leaving the club, with one user labelling him a 'snake' before calling for his statue outside the Emirates Stadium to be pulled down.
Meanwhile, the Arsenal legend, who is currently the assistant coach of Belgium national team, has denied the claim he advised Sanchez him to leave north London after furious Arsenal fans suggested that his statue at the Emirates Stadium should be removed. 
He wrote on Twitter: 'I know I don’t need to explain this to the majority of Arsenal fans but contrary to speculation at no time did I tell Alexis Sanchez to leave Arsenal. I had no idea he was going to sign for Man Utd until I saw it on the news like the rest of you.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment