Pages

Tuesday

Bigamist caught by wife just two weeks after he married second bride

 A bigamist who secretly married another woman behind his wife’s back was caught out by his wife.


Lying Michael Hardy, 45, tied the knot with Joanne White while still hitched to wife of two years Caroline Lacey.She became suspicious after the same address kept appearing on his van’s sat-nav and he began staying out late.

The 46-year-old, who survived cervical cancer, marched round to the address and caught him with his blonde mistress.


When Caroline confronted the pair she was astonished to be told by Joanne:

“But I’m his wife. We got married two weeks ago.”

The furious mum-of-two shopped her husband to the police and he has been hauled before a judge for bigamy.

Caroline told the Mirror:
“He’s a lying, cheating conman. I can’t believe he had the brass neck to marry someone else.”
Caroline was going through a divorce when she met Hardy via a lonely hearts advert in 2013.

“He got in touch and we really hit it off,” she told the Mirror. “He said he was living with his mum and was single.
“We met up and he came round to my place and literally never left. He moved in that day. Michael thought of himself as my saviour because I’d been through abuse previously.
“He was like a bodyguard and made me feel safe, but looking back on it he was already taking control.
“I didn’t realise it at the time because I was falling madly in love with him. I think he just wanted a home. He quickly proposed and I accepted. Everything was fine, everything was good.”

The happy couple got married in front of dozens of friends and family at Romsey Town Hall in 2014.

“The wedding day was beautiful,” sobbed Caroline. “I felt like the luckiest woman in the world.”

In his speech, Hardy beamed: “I can’t think of anyone better to spend the rest of my life with than Caroline. She’s everything to me.”
Hardy admitted bigamy .The landscaping firm manager was given a six-month suspended sentence at Wolverhampton Crown Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment