Pages

Wednesday

Photos from Donald Trump first press conference

.
 Donald Trump slammed
theWatersportsgate leak as "disgraceful" and "phony" in his first press conference since the election.

During the brief media conference, his first in several months, he also announced he was to hand control of his business empire to his sons Donald Jr and Eric.He started

 "I want to thank a lot of the news organisations here today, because they looked at that nonsense that was released by maybe the intelligence agencies - who knows, but maybe the intelligence agencies, which would be a tremendous blot on their record if they in fact did that, a tremendous blot."
Regarding the alleged leaked report of him paying prostitutes to urinate on a bed Obams slept in, he said it was a disgrace and fake news..
"It is all fake news. It is phoney stuff. It didn't happen and it was gotten by opponents of ours," he said."It was a group of opponents who got together - sick people - and they put that crap together. Somebody released it. It shouldn't have even entered paper but it should never have even been released. I read what was released and I think it was a disgrace."
Here are the highlights from Trump’s address:

- Mexico has taken advantage of the US. The wall will come up and Mexico will pay for it .

- ‘Major border tax’ will be levied on companies that move their business outside of the US.

- Obamacare is a complete and total disaster. We will submit a plan to repeal and replace Obamacare as soon as health secretary is approved.

- I was offered $2 million to do a deal in Dubai. I turned it down: Trump on his no conflict of interest policy.

- I’m not releasing the tax returns because they’re under audit... The only people that care about my tax returns is the reporters... I won. I became president.


- Trump says he has always been aware of spying in hotel rooms in countries including Russia. And he warns people he travels with specifically about small cameras.

- If Putin likes Donald Trump, I consider that an asset, not a liability, because we have a horrible relationship with Russia.

- Intelligence agencies info being leaked is a disgrace. I think it was Russia behind hacking.

- I will be the greatest job producer God ever made.

- I have great respect for the news and great respect for freedom of the press.

AFP/Getty 

No comments:

Post a Comment